Saturday, January 22, 2011

Are you truly living or merely existing?

The words just leapt off the page of the book that I was reading and landed smack on my head. My brain stopped right there. It’s a simple question, supposedly, yet it left me grasping at straws. There’s nothing complicated about how it’s stated, but the answer would tell you how much or how little you know about life and living.

I will not make any attempt to answer that question right now. In my head, I have vague scribbles that could pass for answers but I figured I have a year ahead of me to test, de-bunk, and re-formulate my theories. For the past 2 years, I always start (and end – yeah, somehow, I never get past the first post) the year with a melodramatic post of new chances, new beginnings, and new employers. So this year, I’m going to start it with a challenge to find my own answer to that question. And yes, to write more than once for the year. It’s on for the next 365 days. Yeah, baby!

2010 has got to be one of the craziest calendar years ever. It was the year of the unexpected, the year of surprises, the year of my heart’s highs and lows, and so many more labels I can call it by. But in the end, I am still grateful for all the blessings and struggles I’ve had to deal with in the past year. I’m thankful for the new people I met and made friends with and for every challenge that made me discover a lot more about myself. Above all, I am even more grateful for the gift called family. My family, whose love, patience, and understanding are probably one of the constant things in this ever-changing world.

2011, I’m ready for you. Are you ready for me?

No comments: